Thursday, September 16, 2010


Hi my name is Kevin O'Brien. This is my final year at Montclair. I was originally a photo major but switched over to film my second semester of my first year. I am very interested in cameras, film both for movies and stills as well as digital stuff. I am not a big fan of photoshop and try not to alter my photos that much. I am trying to learn it a bit more just so i know how to use it but shy away from it. The reason i switched was to be able to carry an image over more then just a single shot and see if i can carry that look over an entire movie. I took the only course my high school offered for photography like 4 times because it was fun and the teacher was impressed it was only an intro course but it was time for me to learn my camera and just shoot randomly. I have taken photo 1 here at MSU and am also taking photo 2 right now along with this class. For this class i will be using my Canon 7D I have 2 lenses for it right now a canon 28-135 f/3.5-5.6 and a tokina 11-16 f/2.8. I have shot with many different cameras from konica minolta, nikon, fujifilm, canon. My favorite music: is Flogging Molly but i do listen to a bunch of stuff, Food: sushi, Movie: beetlejuice, Book: One by Richard Bach, TV Show: Psych, Photographer: Dr. Harold Edgerton. The image uploaded is the first photo i ever took with my first camera which was a Konica Minolta Z2 4 megapix camera. I realized that this is something i could do. It may not be the first image i ever took but it was the first one with my camera and i was testing it out even before taking classes I did not know what i was going to do after high school but i just knew after my first day of shooting that maybe i can do something.

1 comment:

  1. I am gonna go out on a limb and say you are of Irish decent? Because you have to be Irish to enjoy Flogging Molly, I am also guessing you like Black 47 aka the Irish version of Rush.

    ReplyDelete